Source language: Translate to:

Wireless barcode scanners

General questions about NeoBook

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Wireless barcode scanners

Postby ebear » Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:05 am

Hello All,

I use for our stock wireless barcode scanners. If the scanner is in the range of the receiver there is no problem, the input is going direct as a USB keyboard to the application.

If the scanner is out the range of the receiver the scanner will store the scanned barcodes in his memory. After the scanner is back in range he starts to send the barcodes to the receiver.
The problem is now that the sending and receiving is going to fast. If the application receives a barcode some actions are done, but of cause the scanner doesn't wait until the action is ready before sending the next barcode.
The scanner sends after each barcode a [Enter].
Maybe an solution could be to use the keyboard buffer, so the scanner fills the buffer and the application will process in sequence the data. But I don't know how.

Is there anyone with an idea to archive this?

Best regards,

Eric Beerhorst
http://www.lunarsoftware.eu - Lunar Software ERP database Development. Manufacturing processes, Document management, QMS, Stock management. Standalone solutions or connected to Helios Orange and other ERP systems.
ebear

Re: Wireless barcode scanners

Postby Neosoft Support » Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:06 pm

If the computer thinks the scanner is a USB keyboard, then the data is already being sent via the keyboard buffer. If the scanner is filling the keyboard buffer faster than the software can process it then, I guess any keys sent when the buffer is full would be lost. I assume that you're using a text entry field in NeoBook to receive and process the data. What if you used a multi-line text entry field and processed the data after the scanner was finished sending it or at certain intervals using a timer?
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Re: Wireless barcode scanners

Postby ebear » Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:28 am

Hello Dave,

I had already the same idea and experimenting with this. Have to change my general approach for these scanners, but I think overall it will make the receiving more secure.

Thanks a lot and regards,

Eric
http://www.lunarsoftware.eu - Lunar Software ERP database Development. Manufacturing processes, Document management, QMS, Stock management. Standalone solutions or connected to Helios Orange and other ERP systems.
ebear

Return to General NeoBook Discussions