Source language: Translate to:

Bulk lock and unlock, visible and invisible toggle

General questions about NeoBook

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Bulk lock and unlock, visible and invisible toggle

Postby datadon » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:27 am

On objects that allow them to be locked in position or have a visible attribute to check on and off: Is there currently anyway in the design environment to turn the lock for all objects on and off at one time? Some with the visible attribute?

The only way I know to do this is to edit the actual pub file. Locked=Yes (remove it or Locked=No)

If Locked is not shown in the pub code listing then I guess the default is "it is not locked" Same with Visible.

Has anyone created a publication/program that will do this locking and unlocking etc. Same with visible.

I am going to add a request for a future feature to allow a "bulk" locking/visible/enabled attibutes in a publiction. The problem is, there would have to be a place holder in the script that would save the place of the previous value so it can be replaced later.

Is there any character in a pub code file that is ignored and will not cause the script to fail, something like th. (period) in an action script?
Don

'If you want to get a brontosaurus from 'a' to 'b' then you ride the dinosaur - you don't carry it!'
datadon

Re: Bulk lock and unlock, visible and invisible toggle

Postby Neosoft Support » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:15 am

That's an interesting problem. There's currently no way to do a bulk lock/unlock for a group of objects. You could use an external editor to search and replace Locked=Yes with Locked=No, but there is no easy way to do the reverse.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby datadon » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:35 pm

I suspect from your reply that there is not a character in the pub script that can be ignored by the compiler.

If so I could replace or insert something relative to the object name and then find it next time.

##Pushbutton01 would be ignored. I could then write a pub to do replace that as necessary.

If not, then I am as they say, hosed.

Can I ask from here that something like that be considered for a future update.

One thing you may be interested to know and perhaps this has or has not been done before but I am using Neobook in a sort of
hybrid environment. As a business tool, I am using both the design side and the compiled side as both part of the process.
(no one other than me here at work is using Neobook in this way.) if that ever happens you would be entitled to another purchase for each seat.

Has anyone every rebranded Neobook for other uses?
Don

'If you want to get a brontosaurus from 'a' to 'b' then you ride the dinosaur - you don't carry it!'
datadon

Postby Neosoft Support » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:29 am

I suspect from your reply that there is not a character in the pub script that can be ignored by the compiler.

There aren't any characters that are ignored by the pub loader or compiler. I suppose you could give your objects a unique prefix like "XYZ_" and search the pub file for objects with that prefix. The prefix would need to be something that results in a valid object name.

Can I ask from here that something like that be considered for a future update.

I'll add it to the list.

Has anyone every rebranded Neobook for other uses?

Yes, that's been done a couple of times in the past. We can certainly discuss it if you're interested.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby dpayer » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:56 pm

Don,

Could you use a comment line:

.NextLinetobechanged
HideObject "xyz" "None" "0"
MoveObject "xyz" "[NewLeftPos]" "[NewTopPos]"

And then in the IDE when you want to switch, have another app with all the relevant objects noted so you do a string replace by searching FIRST for the comment line followed by the actions. You could get the pub content into that second pub with a copy of the whole page (into the clipboard), paste into your conversion app and then copy the changed string to the clipboard and then pasting it back into the original page.
David Payer
Des Moines, Iowa
USA
dpayer

Postby datadon » Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:43 pm

Thanks for the ideas and comments from both Davids.

One more question of clarification to NB David.

In the NB pub file text, What flexibiity is there as far as location of information? I suspect it is fairly freeform as long as it between the objectnumbers
and ObjectID. For example can I put a locked=Yes anywhere between this object and the next one.

And, is Locked=No the same as it not even being listed? In other words, if it is not shown as yes is it no by default? Are there some rules just for general information?

Thanks
Don

datadon

Postby Neosoft Support » Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:11 pm

In the NB pub file text, What flexibiity is there as far as location of information? I suspect it is fairly freeform as long as it between the objectnumbers and ObjectID. For example can I put a locked=Yes anywhere between this object and the next one.

The file format is fairly forgiving. As long as you get the Locked=Yes/No underneath the correct ObjectType=? NeoBook should read the file OK. However, BE SURE TO MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR PUB FILE BEFORE EDITING IT MANUALLY!

And, is Locked=No the same as it not even being listed? In other words, if it is not shown as yes is it no by default? Are there some rules just for general information?

Locked if off (no) by default, but it won't hurt anything to have Locked=No in the file. The result will be the same: Locked = off.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Return to General NeoBook Discussions