Source language: Translate to:

webcam problem under 8.1 pro with tablets

General questions about NeoBook

Moderator: Neosoft Support

webcam problem under 8.1 pro with tablets

Postby impulsmedia » Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:10 am

Hi to all,
we have to use tablets more and more with our NB-app. For controlling integrated webcams we use npcam fom neoplugins. The plugin works very fine in the past and also does on 95 % of desktop systems, but with tablets we have increasing problems. The cameras are recognized, the solutions seem to be identified, but as soon as we try to set a solution the system crashes totally and we have to cold reset it. We checked everything, DirextX version etc. but no hint what causes the problem. we also testet different tablets, with most it doesn´t work.

So, does anybody have a idea if there is a general change in the WIN driver structure on tablets to handel cameras? Any other idea? Or to find a workaround a freeware tool to test the cams and make snapshot? With 8.1.pro there only comes the cam app.
thanks in advance and greetings from Germany,
Walter
impulsmedia

Re: webcam problem under 8.1 pro with tablets

Postby dec » Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:58 am

Hello,

As I say you by email, the plugin npCams based their work in ActiveX, in fact it's a wrapper around some ActiveX stuff. If the plugin fail, in fact it's not the pure plugin code, but the used ActiveX stuff, which cannot do the things like expected. Since the plugin appear to don't work in tablets (at least the tablets you test it, I can't test here because I don't have any device here to try) probably the problem is not in the plugin itself, but in the tablet software/hardware.

Windows 8.1 no matter here, since I test the plugin under Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10.

Maybe some mate with some tablet can try it and offer to us their obtained results. :|
Enhance your NeoBook applications!
57 plugins, 1113 actions and 230 samples
NeoPlugins website: www.neoplugins.com
dec

Postby impulsmedia » Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:45 am

Hello,
to clarify things I want to underline that the plugin itself works perfect like I also wrote. The only problem are tablets ... Perhaps somebody has a idea or for exampe a jsscript which takes snapshots ... This is the only reason for the post here. Dec does a very good job like ever!
thanks in advance and greetings from Germany,
Walter
impulsmedia

Postby David de Argentina » Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:23 am

Hi Walter,

Take a look of this:

http://eddiela.github.io/JOB/

There is not -exactly- you need, but there is a good example to connect a webcam into a program

My 0.01
David de Argentina
David de Argentina

Return to General NeoBook Discussions