Source language: Translate to:

Windows 8.1 64-bit problem

General questions about NeoBook

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Windows 8.1 64-bit problem

Postby dglojnar » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:33 am

I just install on my production machine Windows 8.1 64-bit.
Neobook work, but publication can't run on runtime, nothing happend :-(
Try with different compatibility settings with no luck.
Compiled apps work as expected.

Any idea ?

With best regards!
dglojnar

Re: Windows 8.1 64-bit problem

Postby CN_Iceman » Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:52 am

No problems in my system.
Have you admin rights?
You can try to install again in another folder.
Greetings/Saludos, Jose.
www.icemansoft.es
CN_Iceman

Postby Neosoft Support » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:37 am

If you can compile the same pub and it works, then the problem could be your anti-virus software. Each time you test run a publication NeoBook creates an exe file. Before allowing you to run this exe your anti-virus software thinks it needs to be scanned for viruses. This can cause the test exe to start very slowly or not at all.

Because this is a common problem for software developers, most anti-virus software include an option to exclude certain folders from their real-time scan feature. Each anti-virus app handles this differently, so you will need to consult with your anti-virus app's manual or help file to determine how to exclude your pub folder from scanning. Once you do this, test running your publications should be almost instantaneous.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby dglojnar » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:09 am

Neosoft Support wrote:If you can compile the same pub and it works, then the problem could be your anti-virus software. Each time you test run a publication NeoBook creates an exe file. Before allowing you to run this exe your anti-virus software thinks it needs to be scanned for viruses. This can cause the test exe to start very slowly or not at all.

Because this is a common problem for software developers, most anti-virus software include an option to exclude certain folders from their real-time scan feature. Each anti-virus app handles this differently, so you will need to consult with your anti-virus app's manual or help file to determine how to exclude your pub folder from scanning. Once you do this, test running your publications should be almost instantaneous.

As usual, Dave, You're right:-)
I exclude process made with Neobook and...voila :-)

Thank You very much for Your help and support:-)

With best regards!
dglojnar

Return to General NeoBook Discussions