Source language: Translate to:

IE Compatibility Glitch

General questions about NeoBook

Moderator: Neosoft Support

IE Compatibility Glitch

Postby fkapnist » Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:14 pm

What if the IE7 Compatibility Mode option is checked and an entry to the Windows registry is also created? Which takes effect? In my Neobook browser project I found that the YouTube home page works best only with IE9 or less browser emulation. But other websites require IE10 or IE11 emulation for CSS...

YouTube works ok the first time I visit the site, but if I go to another site and return to YouTube again the Flash Player does not load anything (unless the browser emulation is for IE9, IE8 or IE7)....

:?:

fkapnist

Re: IE Compatibility Glitch

Postby fkapnist » Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:35 pm

I think the best solution (and easiest for the user) is to use 0 emulation in the Windows registry (the user default), and add the following key to the registry when Neobook starts and remove it if required when Neobook exits:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\BrowserEmulation\ClearableListData
UserFilter, "youtube.com",

This puts youtube (or any other website) in the IE Compatibility list without the user having to do (or worry about) anything.... But I am not sure if I have the correct syntax, yet....

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/19770933/how-can-i-programmatically-add-website-to-compatibility-list-internet-explorer-1

Does anyone have more experience with this setting?

:?:
fkapnist

Re: IE Compatibility Glitch

Postby Neosoft Support » Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:30 am

What if the IE7 Compatibility Mode option is checked and an entry to the Windows registry is also created? Which takes effect?

If the "IE Compatibility Mode" option is checked, then NeoBook won't do anything and your setting in the registry will take precedence.

I think the best solution (and easiest for the user) is to use 0 emulation in the Windows registry...

I've used "0" for the BrowserEmulation setting and it seems to mean "use whatever version of IE is installed." This isn't documented anywhere that I can find, but it seems to work.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Return to General NeoBook Discussions