Source language: Translate to:

Alternative to scrolling page or multiple forms

General questions about NeoBook

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Alternative to scrolling page or multiple forms

Postby stu » Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:37 am

Hello!

I have a form that holds a pretty big number of textboxes, like about 30 or so... Now, I'm working on my resolution which makes it look pretty good, but what happens when someone else in a much smaller resolution tries to use the app? Hes not gonna have enough screen to see all the boxes...

In F%*$^ Access there's the scrolling page so you can put any number of items and just scroll through them... I though of adding more pages that the user can browse through and at the end include a 'print/save' button. Also, tabs, that could be another one.

Is there any other approach you guys can think of?

Thanks.
stu

Re: Alternative to scrolling page or multiple forms

Postby dpayer » Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:44 am

stu wrote:Hello!

I have a form that holds a pretty big number of textboxes, like about 30 or so... Now, I'm working on my resolution which makes it look pretty good, but what happens when someone else in a much smaller resolution tries to use the app? Hes not gonna have enough screen to see all the boxes...

In F%*$^ Access there's the scrolling page so you can put any number of items and just scroll through them... I though of adding more pages that the user can browse through and at the end include a 'print/save' button. Also, tabs, that could be another one.

Is there any other approach you guys can think of?

Thanks.

You could put in a webbrowser page that has the form elements you want. This could be set to scroll as much as you wanted to show. Then collect the data from each element individually with the BrowserGetElement command in NB. If you like you could use the web form form processor I created here to make the form and get the data.
David Payer
Des Moines, Iowa
USA
dpayer

Re: Alternative to scrolling page or multiple forms

Postby stu » Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:19 am

That's priceless, thanks for your reply. i'll give it a go. :mrgreen:
stu

Return to General NeoBook Discussions