Source language: Translate to:

Problem with webcam preview win7

General questions about NeoBook

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Problem with webcam preview win7

Postby mr cubefan » Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:05 am

Hi everyone! i`m having a little problem with the matcam plugin, i just made a software that use the preview function from the matcam plugin, in win xp the software works like a charm, but in win 7 the preview action doesn´t work.
I was reading that win 7 doesnt have a webcam preview option.
Thanks in advance
mr cubefan

Re: Problem with webcam preview win7

Postby dec » Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:02 am

Hello,

If you like can take a look at my npCams plugin. ;)
Enhance your NeoBook applications!
57 plugins, 1113 actions and 230 samples
NeoPlugins website: www.neoplugins.com
dec

Postby mr cubefan » Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:55 am

Hi dec! thanks for your answer, but no luck, all the error returning variables says that all is ok but no preview. I´m pretty sure that the plugins use the "preview webcam" feature from the OS (thats why my app works perfectly on win xp), but in Win 7 this feature was removed, so you need to use a third party software to "regain it", the only way im tackling this problem is to use "webcam viewer v1.0" from bustatech.com, is lite weight and no installation.
The way i doing it is to run this app in a rectangle take a picture and save a bmp file, i know that is not best option but is working so far.
Thanks for your time!
mr cubefan

Postby dec » Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:22 pm

Hello,

mr cubefan wrote:Hi dec! thanks for your answer, but no luck, all the error returning variables says that all is ok but no preview. I´m pretty sure that the plugins use the "preview webcam" feature from the OS (thats why my app works perfectly on win xp), but in Win 7 this feature was removed, so you need to use a third party software to "regain it", the only way im tackling this problem is to use "webcam viewer v1.0" from bustatech.com, is lite weight and no installation.
The way i doing it is to run this app in a rectangle take a picture and save a bmp file, i know that is not best option but is working so far.
Thanks for your time!

No; my plugin is based in some DirectX stuff and has been tested in Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10. Maybe your webcam it's not compatible? Are you tried with the included plugin samples?
dec

Postby mr cubefan » Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:44 pm

Hi dec! you are absolutely right! your plugin works perfectly! (i was using starting procedure in the wrong way, sorry!)
Thanks for your time!
mr cubefan

Postby dec » Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:08 pm

Hello,

mr cubefan wrote:Hi dec! you are absolutely right! your plugin works perfectly! (i was using starting procedure in the wrong way, sorry!)
Thanks for your time!

No problem! Glad to know you got it. ;)
dec

Return to General NeoBook Discussions