Source language: Translate to:

SSH Plugin?

General questions about NeoBook

Moderator: Neosoft Support

SSH Plugin?

Postby TinTin » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:10 am

Any SSH plugins available? I thought the FTP plugin may have had the option but not sure.

Thanks
TinTin

Re: SSH Plugin?

Postby Neosoft Support » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:16 am

I'm sorry, the NeoBookFM/FTP plug-in does not support SSH.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Re: SSH Plugin?

Postby dpayer » Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:16 am

Neosoft Support wrote:I'm sorry, the NeoBookFM/FTP plug-in does not support SSH.

I know there are limits on the time that can be spent on each plugin but I'd encourage your continued development in this direction (OK... I'll commit to actually buying it :oops: ) to include SFTP and SSH.

I'm reluctant any more to use even standard FTP as the username/password are sent in clear text. I don't know the situation of the many hosting farms or cloud providers as to how well they shield their networks from sniffers but I do know that anything going over a wireless connection in clear text is readily available to anyone with a couple of easily downloadable tools.

No one users telnet any more because of this.

Security will be an increasing portion of our concerns as time goes on.

In the mean time, for those who need to work in the ssh realm, there is a command line version of Putty (PLINK) that could be automated to do some things you want. Maybe in the future this could be integrated into the FTP/File manager tool extension by Neosoftware.
David Payer
Des Moines, Iowa
USA
dpayer

Return to General NeoBook Discussions