Source language: Translate to:

nircmd date specification anomaly?

General questions about NeoBook

Moderator: Neosoft Support

nircmd date specification anomaly?

Postby JCN9801 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:10 am

I am using an Excel file to generate reset date commands for MPG files. If I use the English (U.S.) standard of mm-dd-yyyy as part of the string input to nircmd setfiletime I find that the resulting Windows file dates have the month and date reversed (or just 12:00 AM if the month > 12). The command switch help does not state that English (U.K.) must be the Windows specification default for this switch to interpret the date/time string specification properly. Please clarify or fix (or tell me what I am doing wrong!): For example 28-08-2014 gave me a headache on the 28th of August! :D
JCN9801

Re: nircmd date specification anomaly?

Postby Neosoft Support » Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:52 pm

Are you trying to execute this command through NeoBook? If so, please show us your code?
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Re: nircmd date specification anomaly?

Postby dpayer » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:31 am

JCN9801 wrote:I am using an Excel file to generate reset date commands for MPG files. If I use the English (U.S.) standard of mm-dd-yyyy as part of the string input to nircmd setfiletime I find that the resulting Windows file dates have the month and date reversed (or just 12:00 AM if the month > 12). The command switch help does not state that English (U.K.) must be the Windows specification default for this switch to interpret the date/time string specification properly. Please clarify or fix (or tell me what I am doing wrong!): For example 28-08-2014 gave me a headache on the 28th of August! :D

You may be able to reset "last modified date" using a VB script which you could run as a function.

Look at this page for tips on doing that.
David Payer
Des Moines, Iowa
USA
dpayer

Return to General NeoBook Discussions