Source language: Translate to:

Attn: Dave, FYI ... A weird button issue.

General questions about NeoBook

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Attn: Dave, FYI ... A weird button issue.

Postby Enigman » Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:15 am

Dave,

This is just a heads up.

I have several NeoBook made applications that I leave open all the time. In the process of testing a new one, I needed to change the Windows theme to some high contrast or other ugly theme to see how many of my buttons and sections of my program were affected by the color change. I selected as the worst case the old "Pre Vista" or Win 9x/XP theme called High Contrast. After checking the objects I then went back to a standard Win 7 theme.

I just noticed that in all three programs, any buttons that were created as "Use Windows Theme" reverted to the button style you get when "Use Windows Theme" is unselected. In other words, the buttons remained in the old Win 98 format. The only way to recover them was to close the programs and open them again.

This may just be a glitch with Windows theme handling, or it could be a Delphi thing, but either way, I thought you should know if you haven't seen that before.

Thanks.
Enigman

Re: Attn: Dave, FYI ... A weird button issue.

Postby Neosoft Support » Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:57 am

I haven't seen that before. I'm not sure if it's a NeoBook specific issue or if it affects other apps too. Fortunately, it's it doesn't sound like something that people will encounter under normal circumstances, and if they do restarting the app fixes it.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Re: Attn: Dave, FYI ... A weird button issue.

Postby Enigman » Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:05 pm

At the time it occurred, none of my other open apps showed a similar issue with any objects. I'm not sure what that means, but I'm just keeping you in the loop.

Have a good one ...
Enigman

Return to General NeoBook Discussions