Source language: Translate to:

Method to display 2 PNG files with overlay/superimposed

General questions about NeoBook

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Method to display 2 PNG files with overlay/superimposed

Postby UltraVox » Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:58 am

Hello everyone,

Help would be greatly appreciated.

I am looking for a method to load and display an image (PNG with transparency display), and then display a second transparent PNG image, smaller than the previous one, over the first image, then save all in a new image in PNG format. Ideally, you should move the second image for the place where you want, over the first.

The final saved image should then contain the result of two superimposed images (overlay ?). You are free to propose any method you want, even if it means using paid plugins. I ask you for help because I have tried all the specialized plugins for images, and none of them (except error) seems to know to make a image overlay/superimposed. This problem bothers me, because otherwise I can not finalize a powerful feature included in my program.

There may be a solution with hpwSimpleGraph plugin, but I did not find how to display the images and save them in a new PNG image file.

Thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide !

Best regards,
UltraVox

Re: Method to display 2 PNG files with overlay/superimposed

Postby mishem » Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:42 pm

Here, we have created a topic on the forum. Think will understand what's what.
mishem

Postby UltraVox » Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:35 pm

Hello and thank you for your reply.

Most plugins are not downloadable (broken or missing links).
So I can not test the pub file.

Best,
UltraVox

Postby dec » Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:57 pm

Hello,

UltraVox wrote:I am looking for a method to load and display an image (PNG with transparency display), and then display a second transparent PNG image, smaller than the previous one, over the first image, then save all in a new image in PNG format.

I think these actions can help on the quoted text UltraVox. Take a look if you like:

http://neoplugins.com/?help/npimgs#npImgWatermark

http://neoplugins.com/?help/npimgs#npImgWatermarkEx

For the other part (and may also for the first one), what about the Image Works plugin from NeoDezign?
Enhance your NeoBook applications!
57 plugins, 1113 actions and 230 samples
NeoPlugins website: www.neoplugins.com
dec

Postby mishem » Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:26 pm

I added a post ksFunctions. Tell me what can not download, I see what I can do. I checked all the links now work. Many plug-ins if you want you can find here. There's links to russifitsirovat plugins.
mishem

Postby UltraVox » Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:46 am

Hi Dec,

Using the Watermark works very fine, but I need to find how to enable the user to select the approximate area in which to deposit the secondary file. I do not know if it is possible to retrieve the position of the mouse in the Image Zone ?

Thank you. :wink:
UltraVox

Postby UltraVox » Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:48 am

mishem,

Okay. I downloaded KsFunctions.
... and I'm trying to find other plugins.

Thank you.
UltraVox

Postby UltraVox » Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:13 am

mishem,

I found all the plugins on the first Post russian forum you gave me. Thank you to you. But it's a shame they are all in Russian, because all characters are replaced by "???". I hope they are available in English as the plugins window are full of "??????????????????". :mrgreen: it's a strange effect!
UltraVox

Postby dec » Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:13 am

Hello,

UltraVox wrote:Hi Dec,

Using the Watermark works very fine, but I need to find how to enable the user to select the approximate area in which to deposit the secondary file. I do not know if it is possible to retrieve the position of the mouse in the Image Zone ?

Thank you. :wink:

To be honest I think the NeoDezign ImageWorks plugin can be the right tool and/or the unique tool I know to try a thing that you are describing. I am not experience in this plugin, but, from their webpage the author inform this plugin have a: "Draggable selector with handles and animated marquee border." Then you can investigate with that feature. I am not sure but probably you can do the "design part" using this plugin.

Another possibility can be to let the user the hability to choose a position from: "TopLeft", "TopRight", "BottomRight", "BottomLeft", etc. Doing in this way the refered npImgs plugin action can help you and do the job, since the "watermark" imagen can be placed using the appropiate predefined constants: "wpTopLeft, wpTopCenter, wpTopRight, wpRightCenter, wpBottomRight, wpBottomCenter, wpBottomLeft, wpLeftCenter, wpAllCentered".

http://neoplugins.com/?help/npimgs#npImgWatermarkEx
dec

Postby UltraVox » Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:21 am

Dec,

Your "npScreenAreaShot" action is downright excellent ! :roll:

This is exactly what I would have... But I can not retrieve variables Position and Selection ? You really should change your plugin to add this modification, then this command may have other functions than just a screensaver !

Make this change and I bought your plugin again :D (in the coming days)

Another possibility can be to let the user the hability to choose a position from: "TopLeft", "TopRight", "BottomRight", "BottomLeft", etc.

This is fine, but it is not specific enough. this is a photomontage that requires a lot of precision (pixel). Your tools mentioned above would be perfect! because it gives me the exact position in the image, but also the size of the selection.

The "ndznIMG_SelectArea" action requires a WebBrowser Object. Things get complicated when using this tool...

Best,
UltraVox

Postby dec » Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:38 am

Hello,

UltraVox wrote:Dec,

Your "npScreenAreaShot" action is downright excellent ! :roll:

This is exactly what I would have... But I can not retrieve variables Position and Selection ? You really should change your plugin to add this modification, then this command may have other functions than just a screensaver !

Make this change and I bought your plugin again :D (in the coming days)

Another possibility can be to let the user the hability to choose a position from: "TopLeft", "TopRight", "BottomRight", "BottomLeft", etc.

This is fine, but it is not specific enough. this is a photomontage that requires a lot of precision (pixel). Your tools mentioned above would be perfect! because it gives me the exact position in the image, but also the size of the selection.

The "ndznIMG_SelectArea" action requires a WebBrowser Object. Things get complicated when using this tool...

Best,

You want that "npScreenAreaShot" return the X position, Y position, width and height of the selected area? Instead of the Bitmap or including it? I am thinking on a possible new action which return such values instead of the Bitmap... or may add such information also in the "npScreenAreaShot" action. What do you think about UltraVox?
dec

Postby UltraVox » Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:51 am

This is an Image Zone, where the image source is displayed. It is imperative that your selection tool returns the good Positions (in the image, not the Positions on the screen !).

For example, I give your plugin information on the size of the image (for example: X = 1024 and Y = 1024 pixels). Then I activate your selection tools (in the Image Zone only), to determine a precise location/position (left click), but also the size of the area (left click + mouse down movement).

Then, the size of the area becomes the size of the Watermark ;)

It only remains for me to change the image size to a temporary folder (New image size = size of the selction), to allow the user to change as many times as he wants :)
UltraVox

Postby dec » Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:06 am

Hello,

UltraVox wrote:This is an Image Zone, where the image source is displayed. It is imperative that your selection tool returns the good Positions (in the image, not the Positions on the screen !).

The select area tool is based in a window placed transparently occupying all the screen. In fact what you can select is a copy of the screen made in the same moment you launch the form or in other words execute the plugin action. Is more or less easy to add certain variable into the available action to retrieve the "Top" and "Left" positions and the "Width" and "Height" of the selected area, even when this last variables can be retrieved from the captured Bitmap. But...

UltraVox wrote:For example, I give your plugin information on the size of the image (for example: X = 1024 and Y = 1024 pixels). Then I activate your selection tools (in the Image Zone only), to determine a precise location/position (left click), but also the size of the area (left click + mouse down movement).

I think this can be imposible using the select area tool because is not designed for that and probably (and most important) may we can't place the appropiate transparent window exactly in the place we need, depending on diferents Windows versions, screen configurations and so on. I figure that something like that is like use missiles to kill mosquitoes...

I can understand what you wanted, but, to be honest I can't thinking on a right solution at this time... which do not implied the use of missiles... :?
dec

Postby UltraVox » Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:10 am

Dec,

Look at this picture : http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=263&u=12841568

This is a photo montage created with your plugin (Watermark), it was just lack of accuracy and a selection tool ;) My program is a Skybox and environment generator for game developers (for 3D engine's). I created the planets you see... and I allow the user to use in their skies. Your selection tools will be invaluable for placing objects and give them a specific dimensions ;)

Best,
UltraVox

Postby UltraVox » Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:14 am

I think this can be imposible using the select area tool because is not designed for that and probably (and most important) may we can't place the appropiate transparent window exactly in the place we need, depending on diferents Windows versions, screen configurations and so on. I figure that something like that is like use missiles to kill mosquitoes...

I can understand what you wanted, but, to be honest I can't thinking on a right solution at this time... which do not implied the use of missiles..

This is not important David, because once an object placed on the image, my program will propose the move. What matters is that your tools selection works (approximately) in a zone image...
UltraVox

Next

Return to General NeoBook Discussions