Source language: Translate to:

Ubuntu 14.04 Linux

General questions about NeoBook

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Ubuntu 14.04 Linux

Postby johnpalm » Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:30 pm

Just thought I would share this with fellow NeoBookers. I decided to play around with the newest version of Linux/Ubuntu 14.04 32 bit version with Wine installed and found out the apps I wrote using NeoBook 5.8 seem to work perfectly. The only problem seems to be with the display of some colors for which I have no explanation. I haven't tried to write any new apps using Ubuntu 14.04 yet but Neobook seems to work fine in this environment.

Anyway if anyone has anything to contribute with regard to the colors display I would be very interested in hearing what you have to say.

I posted this under an older different topic but received no replies so I am reposting it here as its own topic, hope that is OK.
johnpalm

Re: Ubuntu 14.04 Linux

Postby dpayer » Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:31 pm

johnpalm wrote:Just thought I would share this with fellow NeoBookers. I decided to play around with the newest version of Linux/Ubuntu 14.04 32 bit version with Wine installed and found out the apps I wrote using NeoBook 5.8 seem to work perfectly. The only problem seems to be with the display of some colors for which I have no explanation. I haven't tried to write any new apps using Ubuntu 14.04 yet but Neobook seems to work fine in this environment.

Anyway if anyone has anything to contribute with regard to the colors display I would be very interested in hearing what you have to say.

I posted this under an older different topic but received no replies so I am reposting it here as its own topic, hope that is OK.

What happens when you use a web browser object (which requires IE be on the system). Does it display as expected?

(I'd test myself but have no Linux systems at hand).

David P.
David Payer
Des Moines, Iowa
USA
dpayer

Postby johnpalm » Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:43 pm

"What happens when you use a web browser object (which requires IE be on the system). Does it display as expected?"

I h ave Firefox 30 installed and it looks fine to me.
johnpalm

Postby dpayer » Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:56 pm

johnpalm wrote:"What happens when you use a web browser object (which requires IE be on the system). Does it display as expected?"

I h ave Firefox 30 installed and it looks fine to me.

Interesting..... so Neobook uses firefox's web browser when you put a WebBrowser object on a page and use it in an application?

David P.
David Payer
Des Moines, Iowa
USA
dpayer

Postby Neosoft Support » Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:04 am

In order to be compatible with Windows, the Wine emulator probably includes a browser that functions like IE. Otherwise, many Windows programs wouldn't run.

I have no idea why the colors would appear incorrect. It could be a bug in Wine or maybe your NeoBook pub uses system colors which are user defined.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby johnpalm » Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:34 pm

Yes, I think you are right about the user defined system colors. So I guess it would be recommened to use the standard WIndows or program colors. I'll need to check that out when I have time. Thanks for pointing me in that direction.
johnpalm

Return to General NeoBook Discussions