Source language: Translate to:

Tab order changes

General questions about NeoBook

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Tab order changes

Postby ebear » Sat May 31, 2014 12:36 pm

Hello All,

Maybe I'm doing something wrong but..

If I set in Neobook a Tab order of the objects in a container, this tab order sometimes changes without any reason.
Several times I set the Tab order in my publications to find out that later the Tab order isn't as I set it. This happens without any change to the container object.

Any one who has the same problem???

Best regards,

Eric
http://www.lunarsoftware.eu - Lunar Software ERP database Development. Manufacturing processes, Document management, QMS, Stock management. Standalone solutions or connected to Helios Orange and other ERP systems.
ebear

Re: Tab order changes

Postby Neosoft Support » Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:21 pm

If you cut and paste objects to/from the container the tab order might change. Otherwise it shouldn't. If you can isolate the steps needed to reproduce the problem we can look into it.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby ebear » Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:01 am

Hello Dave,

Thanks for your reaction.

I cannot really reproduce exactly the steps, but I can explain in more detail what happens.

For example I have a publication with several pages, on some of the pages are forms in a holding container. After finishing a form I set the Tab order of the container.
Then, without touching the page or form anymore, I find that after compiling the pub the Tab order has changed. (Happens also in development Run)

I have sometimes the same with a button order, for example I set four buttons in a sequence "1-2-3-4" all aligned Left.
After compiling the button order isn't anymore "1-2-3-4" but for example "2-4-1-2" (Happens also in development Run)
For the buttons on the left side in the container this isn't a big problem (I don't align them anymore) because if the container grows the buttons stay in the same position.
But with the buttons on the right side of the container you want them on growing kept on the real right side.

These two problems I had already from the beginning I start to use Neobook, with re-installations on 3 or 4 different PC's. I always thought that I'm doing something wrong.

Best regards,

Eric
http://www.lunarsoftware.eu - Lunar Software ERP database Development. Manufacturing processes, Document management, QMS, Stock management. Standalone solutions or connected to Helios Orange and other ERP systems.
ebear

Postby mishem » Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:45 am

I think that in these objects set to the same binding, for example from the top.
Unbind these objects and I think everything will work fine.
mishem

Postby Neosoft Support » Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:16 am

I have not been able to reproduce this problem here.

You could try changing the order of the object's using bring to front/send to back so that it matches the desired tab order.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby mishem » Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:43 am

I do not know exactly, but I think he is talking about it.
Example.
mishem

Postby ebear » Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:56 am

Hello Dave and Mishem,

Thanks both for the response and sample. I did some test in a simple pub and I cannot reproduce it also over here. I will try to find out what is the problem in my pubs. The example of Mishem I understand complete, but this is not whats going on in my case.
I will also try the set to front and back as Dave proposes, if this is the case then could that be the solution although its makes the Tab order some more complex.

As I already wrote I cannot complete explain the problem I have, so let me do some investigation on it. Let keep this treat for the moment open and I will return on it.

Best regards,

Eric
ebear

Return to General NeoBook Discussions