Source language: Translate to:

Losing plugins

General questions about NeoBook

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Losing plugins

Postby ebear » Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:24 am

Hello All,

I have sometimes a strange problem, maybe it is my configuration but.... In my Neobook 5.8.4 I have installed NeoBookDBPro, DX, KB, PDF, Screencapture, ObjectTools, some HPW plugins and several np-Plugins.
All my plugins are in the Plugin folder below the standard Neobook installation folder.
Many times after restarting Neobook some of the plugins are gone and I have to install them again. After installing the licenses are normally restored.

Anyone who can help me with this?

Best regards,

Eric
http://www.lunarsoftware.eu - Lunar Software ERP database Development. Manufacturing processes, Document management, QMS, Stock management. Standalone solutions or connected to Helios Orange and other ERP systems.
ebear

Re: Losing plugins

Postby dec » Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:03 am

Hello,

This happend with "random" plugins? At this time I only can say my plugins do not change nothing at runtime in order to "uninstall" itself.

But who knows... maybe some bug are here and we need to fix it. ;)
Enhance your NeoBook applications!
57 plugins, 1113 actions and 230 samples
NeoPlugins website: www.neoplugins.com
dec

Postby ebear » Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:11 am

Hello David,

It happens also with your plug-ins, but also with others. The only plug-ins I didn't had the problem till now are the NeoBook plug-ins.

?????????

Eric
http://www.lunarsoftware.eu - Lunar Software ERP database Development. Manufacturing processes, Document management, QMS, Stock management. Standalone solutions or connected to Helios Orange and other ERP systems.
ebear

Postby ebear » Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:55 am

Hello Dave,

To tackle the problem with the plug-ins I did a complete new installation Neobook and all the plugins. First I uninstalled everything, after this I did a register cleaning (Ccleaner), deleted all folders that stayed after uninstall restarted my PC.
After this I started to install everything again (NeoBook, NeoPlugins, np plugins, HPW). After first installing NeoBook I tried to register NeoBook, but no option to register. NeoBook acts like it is registered, but in the about screen no Licenses.

What is going wrong???

My PC:
HP Probook 4720s / 4Mb etc...
Windows 7 Professional x64
ESET antivirus (Business)

Regards,

Eric
ebear

Postby Neosoft Support » Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:13 am

We haven't had any other reports of plug-ins mysteriously vanishing, so I'm not sure what to recommend. However, if a plug-in crashes during the load process it won't appear in NeoBook. Under normal circumstances a crash should display an error message though.

NeoBook acts like it is registered, but in the about screen no Licenses.

The registration info and your license name are stored in different locations. The registry cleaning you did removed your license name, but not your registration code. It's not necessary, but if you want to see your name in the about box again, run NeoBook with the following command line option:

NeoBook.exe /UNREGISTER

Then start NeoBook and re-enter your name and registration code.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby ebear » Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:21 am

Hello Dave,

Thanks for your answer. I installed, as I already told before, everything again and till now it seems to work. Will see....

Neosoft Support wrote:We haven't had any other reports of plug-ins mysteriously vanishing, so I'm not sure what to recommend. However, if a plug-in crashes during the load process it won't appear in NeoBook. Under normal circumstances a crash should display an error message though.

NeoBook acts like it is registered, but in the about screen no Licenses.

The registration info and your license name are stored in different locations. The registry cleaning you did removed your license name, but not your registration code. It's not necessary, but if you want to see your name in the about box again, run NeoBook with the following command line option:

NeoBook.exe /UNREGISTER

Then start NeoBook and re-enter your name and registration code.

Yes this did the job. I isn't that important for me to see the name, but with the problems I had I was afraid that after the re-install something was wrong.

Thanks a lot, and for the moment we can close this "ticket".

Best regards,

Eric
ebear

Return to General NeoBook Discussions