Source language: Translate to:

Send Beep to Headphone Jack

General questions about NeoBook

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Send Beep to Headphone Jack

Postby ajhunt » Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:54 am

Hi guys, not sure if this is even possible but thought ask as never know. I have already created a photobooth publication with NB and the audio comes out the speakers as wanted. I have purchased a sound activated trigger for a flashgun which plugs into the Headphone jack and awaits a beep for it to trigger the flashgun. Is it possible to send an audio beep just to the Headphone Jack? Any help and thoughts appreciated as would be really nice to trigger the flashgun when taking photos.
ajhunt

Re: Send Beep to Headphone Jack

Postby TMcD » Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:16 pm

Typically on "any" computer, if you plug in a headset, the speakers no longer work.

So, unless you need the speakers, just plug flash into the headphone jack (might need an adapter).

One thing is to figure out the timing of when to send the audio signal and triggering your NeoBook app to take the photo so that the subject is lit like you want.

Keep us up to date. :)
TMcD

Re: Send Beep to Headphone Jack

Postby ajhunt » Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:45 am

Hi, I managed to find a solution by using the Realtek Audio Manager and the nircmd.exe to switch from one to the other. By using the TimerStart action could delay as needed to make the flash fire when needed. Thankyou for your time and help. Hope this may help others who may want to do the same. Best regards Anthony.
ajhunt

Return to General NeoBook Discussions